Light and shadow at Signal-Pyramide, as in MSTS

Forum for ideas and new feature requests.
eugenR
In MSTS the red signal-Pyramid is showing light and shadow at the sides. In TSRE5 it is at all sides red, without any shadow.
If I have to place a Signal with no shape showing, I can't see the direction of the Signal if I am looking along the Track.
Pyramid TSRE5.jpg
Pyramid TSRE5.jpg (60.65 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
Pyramid MSTS.jpg
Pyramid MSTS.jpg (17.28 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
Please, can you modify the Color of this pyramid, so that I can see the direction if I am Looking along the track?

Regards
EugenR

vince
The Red Pyramid tells you the signal direction: If yor looking at the vertex of the pyramid you're looking AT the signal face, the lights . . . if, and only if the author made it so. Invisible? I don't know how author made the signal.

I don't think Goku shadows his marker objects in TSRE as a waste of resources but don't know for sure.

Just wondering though . .
A signal track marker (red pyramid) without a signal shape? What's this, some kind of invisible signal only seen in the track monitor?

Pressing the 'X' key or the 'flip' button while the red pyramid is selected will flip the signals direction . . , but does OR really accept a shapeless signal?

regards,
vince

ebnertra000
My guess is that the signal's shape is mis-defined in the sigcfg file, or isn't in the route's SHAPES directory. That or it's some kind of hidden thing, like a 'control signal' you're not supposed to be able to see that will act on signals that you can see

Garry
I agree that it can be difficult to see which way the pyramid is pointing.
Would it be easy to change it to a flat red triangle?
Garry

hannes44
I use "shapeless signals" all the time with routes that have not signalling in the real world but work (or worked) with wireloops or telegraph or similar and haven't got any signals. So far no problems.

eugenR
vince wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 00:46 Just wondering though . .
A signal track marker (red pyramid) without a signal shape? What's this, some kind of invisible signal only seen in the track monitor?
For Example not visible Signals at the end of station to clear a signalspeed, yes there is a shape but it is invisible small.
Garry wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 19:00 I agree that it can be difficult to see which way the pyramid is pointing.
Would it be easy to change it to a flat red triangle?
Garry
Yes that is the problem, it doesn't need the MSTS-Shadows, perhaps Goku can use a different red for the Backside or for the Topside of the triangle, what will show the frontside different from the backside?
It would be very helpful.
Thanks for your great work
regards
EugenR