Black objects

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Hendrikdj
Hi,

I just started using open rails and started building a route using tsre5. Loading the elevation data and gpx track data of the Rockies works amazing, but I am planning to use satellite maps instead of the gpx track. I am stuck however on placing objects and spent many days trouble shooting, reinstalling upgrading, reading threads, etc but am spinning my wheels. Here is the problem:

When I edit a route in TSRE5 version 0.7.012 the ace textures don’t seem to load for any object. They all show up as black. For instance track object a1t100mstrt.S (in shapes folder) I believe uses texture acleantrack1.ace (in textures folder). When I load the same track in TSRE5 version 0.692, Instead of a black box I can see the rails as black lines on a green texture, similar to the default terrain texture. When I drop dds file acleantrack1.dds in the textures folder both versions of the editor do pick up the texture and show the track just fine. I upgraded graphics drivers to the latest model (AMD Radeon R9 200 series) . It’s running OpenGL 4.6 and I dont have Msts installed.

Any idea what could be wrong? I guess I could convert all ace textures to dds files but have no idea what the ups and downs of doing that would be… 🙏

Thanks