RTS source - maybe you can help?

Use this forum if you need help using TSRE.
Archimage
Hi Goku! I already told you that RTS was developed with the use of closed source by Ted who quit the development 2-3 years ago and there are no contacts with him (he has not visited forum since 2017 and doesnt answer the e-mails). We need to develop RTS and its server part much more (fix the bugs, improve the graphics and server issues) but we need the source to do that. Can you or some of your european partners help with that and somehow hack RTS to make the source be opened? There will be no any claims if you do so cause the ex-developer may be even dead and all the RTS-multiplayer sites will be glad if the source become available.

Goku
Site Admin
If RTS is made using c++, then recovering source code is not possible. You can use reverse engineering, edit assembler code etc. but I'm not good at this and due to my health issues I no longer work on software.
I think that it would be better and easier to make new RTS-like server for Open Rails, but OR team has a problem with developer shortage now, so they won't help.

Archimage
Goku wrote: 02 May 2020, 09:10 If RTS is made using c++, then recovering source code is not possible. You can use reverse engineering, edit assembler code etc. but I'm not good at this and due to my health issues I no longer work on software.
I think that it would be better and easier to make new RTS-like server for Open Rails, but OR team has a problem with developer shortage now, so they won't help.
I was told that RTS was written using C++ and Delphi. You already told about C++ but dont know about Delphi.
Health issues? That sounds bad.... Not coronavirus? But will you continue work on TSRE now or later? And could you plz give the link where we can have the TSRE source? Dont want TSRE to follow the destiny of RTS so better to know where to take the code from the last version....

Goku
Site Admin
Archimage wrote: 02 May 2020, 12:54I was told that RTS was written using C++ and Delphi. You already told about C++ but dont know about Delphi.
Delphi is a software you can use to make c++ apps. Very old one.
Archimage wrote: 02 May 2020, 12:54Health issues? That sounds bad.... Not coronavirus?
No, with my eyes, already two years old problem.
Archimage wrote: 02 May 2020, 12:54But will you continue work on TSRE now or later? And could you plz give the link where we can have the TSRE source? Dont want TSRE to follow the destiny of RTS so better to know where to take the code from the last version....
TSRE is an open source software - here is it's source code: https://github.com/GokuMK/TSRE5

Archimage
Goku wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:40 TSRE is an open source software - here is it's source code: https://github.com/GokuMK/TSRE5
Big thanks! But will you continue the development of TSRE? we need you)
And about RTS - we will think how to solve the problem. But RTS fans do not like OR cause RTS is much more realistic and with better graphics and more content, still is not as stable as OR (server side).