Terrain editing performance

Forum for discussion about TSRE features.
Preki
It's nice of TSRE to have easy-to-use terrain editing tools that are miles better than those from default MSTS Editor. However, I find performance of this feature to be sketchy and I don't really know what affects the framerate when editing terrain. There are some tiles when terrain editing works perfectly smooth, while others brings editor's framerate to single-digit value. I use transfer textures for maps (yes, that's my way of doing things rater than depend on Google Earth imagery - more work but more accurate) and it doesn't seem to depend on that factor, nor does it on tile object count, because sometimes terrain of densly populated tiles can be edited without a major hiccup and those with barely any objects at all seem to grind editor to a near-halt.

So what's the reason for these performance issues and can they be solved in the future versions of TSRE? Speaking of transfer textures - these look like crap currently, unlike in the default MSTS Editor where these are rendered without glitches.

Goku
Site Admin
Transfer objects cause terrain editing lags. Every terrain change forces all transfer objects on the tile to regenerate and it takes time.
Yes, transfer object implementation in TSRE is bad, but don't expect any new version in the future.

Preki
I mentioned that there are tiles in my route with large transfer textures (500x500) that do not cause low framerate, which is why this issue is puzzling to me. Also what do you mean to not expect any new version in the future? You're ceasing development of the editor?

lenglel
I'm pretty sure he meant that improving the handling of transfers was not the top priority.