Dyntrack display bug in RTS

Use this forum if you found a bug.
eugenR
Archimage wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 16:03 I had such a thought but i tried to change the elevation to 0 in world file and it did NOT help.
On my Testroute, On Every Dynatack with a heavy elevation the Loco is driving beside the Rails.
On Flat Dynatracks all is o.k.

Perhaps if you set an elevation of an Stupis Dynatrack after creation the TDB to Zero, it will not get the same as if you make this one new?
Do you delete the TDB for the Dynatrack, before you set the elevation to Zero?

Regards
EugenR

Archimage
eugenR wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 22:35
Archimage wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 16:03 I had such a thought but i tried to change the elevation to 0 in world file and it did NOT help.
On my Testroute, On Every Dynatack with a heavy elevation the Loco is driving beside the Rails.
On Flat Dynatracks all is o.k.

Perhaps if you set an elevation of an Stupis Dynatrack after creation the TDB to Zero, it will not get the same as if you make this one new?
Do you delete the TDB for the Dynatrack, before you set the elevation to Zero?

Regards
EugenR
The problem is that that dyntracks from the text file are on a flat surface! They should not have ANY elevation! and i dont remember that i set the elevation when i created them. Its strange....

eugenR
I have made a Dynatrack 200m strait, curve 50m Radius, 180 Grad, 200m Strait, elevation 20 o/oo.
On the Picture you see the 200m strait-Part at the end of the Dynatrack.
The yellow line is rising continuously, but the Track rise only until the half part of the curve, then it is descending until the ground at the end of the track.
Dynatrack.jpg
Dynatrack.jpg (328.25 KiB) Viewed 9205 times
I think, with the calculation for the Dynatrack-Shape something is going wrong, when the Dynatrack has an Elevation.
EugenR

Goku
Site Admin
TSRE renders dyntracks like a static S file shape. Such crazy rotations wont work. But it has nothing to do with the topic.

eugenR
Goku wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 22:03 If angle is positive, start from the other side. I don't know if that helps with anything, but you can try and check.
But also in OR the Track is showing as in TSRE5, but the loco is following th coninuosly rising yellowline.
In the Picture the Loco is at the end of the Dynatrack.
Open Rails 2021-02-23 07-49-58.png
Open Rails 2021-02-23 07-49-58.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 9203 times
Regards
EugenR

eugenR
Hi Goku,
I have tested how MSTS-RE is managing this problem:

If I create by TSRE5 a Dynatrack curve of 180 Grad ( 10m strait +90 Grad curve +10mstrait+90Grad Curve in one dynatrack) and set a Gradient, TSRE5 doesn't calculate this gradient in the same way for the shape and for the Trackline in tdb.

For the shape TSRE5 calculate the gradient for the WHOLE shape in the direction of the first strait part of dynatrack, so at 90 Grad the shape doesn't rise more and over 90 Grad it is going downward and reach the ground at 180Grad.

In contrast the Trackline in tdb: this line has at every Point the same gradient in direction of the track at this point, with the highest point at the end of the dynatrack, at 180 Grad! The Train does follow this Trackline. So it ends at the end of the Dynatrack much over the shape.

MSTS:
In MSTR-RE the shape is designed the same way as in TSRE5, but the track in tdb is following the designed shape. and the Train is standing all-time more or less on the track.

I hope his investigations can help you?

Regards
EugenR

Goku
Site Admin
Im not going to fix this issue. Just use shorter shapes to avoid such a crazy huge angles.