Multiplayer Editing Demo

Forum for discussion about TSRE features.
Goku
Site Admin
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 19:53For security purposes from other people who may find out the ip and port
If all your users have static IP, try to make some firewall rules that will allow access only for those IPs.

Louis
Goku wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 20:06
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 19:46 Also tell me, is it better to use the Linux or Windows platform? One more thing, we can help you in testing new versions that you are releasing.
Doesn't matter. But if you want to host it in a datacenter, linux servers/vps are just much, much cheaper and easier to manage.

Yes, we rent a Dedicated Server in Europe, on virtualization, and in principle it makes no difference, but of course ArchLinux is better, I use it as the main system myself.

Louis
Goku wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 20:08
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 19:53For security purposes from other people who may find out the ip and port
If all your users have static IP, try to make some firewall rules that will allow access only for those IPs.
Yes, I probably will, maybe you'll just take it out in the future settings.txt the port is separate. Or you can use a vpn tunnel between developers, for example, based on the openvpn protocol.

Louis
Also a question, does your port work over tcp and udp? or on a specific one ?

Louis
Sorry in advance for the clumsy English

Louis
#!/usr/bin/env bash
if [ -z ${1+x} ]; then
echo "Usage: $0 path-to-directory" >&2
exit 1
fi

find "$1" -depth -exec perl-rename 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;

An example of the script that we used under ArchLinux

Louis
Tell me how to save. I tried to write save in the console on Windows, but nothing happens, it does not even allow me to enter a command. I tried using cmd, powershell, the result is negative

Louis
We didn't collect many bugs:

Caught out of sync, one user displays normally, the other two do not. I 'm applying a screenshot
https://prnt.sc/26c80vj

The problem with green markers is not synchronized with other users if it is stretched. I'm attaching a screenshot
https://prnt.sc/26c81by

Desynchronization of the rotation of interactive objects on the example of a traffic light. When you turn the Flip button, only shape turns.
https://prnt.sc/26c83o2

Possible перегрузил, in the пролетел by карте, crush both the server and the client
= release terrain 0
= release terrain 0
= release terrain 0
= release terrain 0
= release terrain 0
= release terrain 1
= release terrain 0
WebSocket ddconnected
[E] External WM_DESTROY received for QWidgetWindow(0xdd98ae0, name="NaviWindowClassWindow") , parent: QWindow(0x0) , transient parent: QWidgetWindow(0xb5a4940, name="RouteEditorWindowClassWindow")

Goku
Site Admin
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 20:13 Yes, we rent a Dedicated Server in Europe, on virtualization, and in principle it makes no difference, but of course ArchLinux is better, I use it as the main system myself.
I see that you know something about programming or scripts at least.
Maybe you don't know but TSRE is open source and you can see the code on github. It's a total mess but you can find some answers to your questions.

Many actions in TSRE just dont send updates to the server. That's why you can see "out of sync" results sometimes.

Goku
Site Admin
Louis wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 22:16 Tell me how to save. I tried to write save in the console on Windows, but nothing happens, it does not even allow me to enter a command. I tried using cmd, powershell, the result is negative
I did try it only on Linux. Maybe there is a bug on windows ...