Make signal heads be seen

Forum for ideas and new feature requests.
Archimage
The problem is that the signal heads (and other things connected with signals like ladders) are only seen in TSRE when you try to link them (tick the box) - see the attached files. Can you make an option in "View" directory of TSRE to see the signal heads even if you dont work with them at the moment?
I am working on the route with my partner and his duty is to place signals. I cant check whether he placed the signals in the right way and direction or he made a mistake cause i can't see the signal heads while just browsing the route in TSRE.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (3.42 MiB) Viewed 11353 times
1.png
1.png (3.6 MiB) Viewed 11353 times

Garry
Are you sure that this is a TSRE problem, and not one to do with the signal shapes you are using. Do you see the same problem with the standard MSTS routes.

I suggest that you try to check this by:
1) placing other signals in your route, for example from a USA or Japan MSTS route.
2) placing your signals in the MSTS routes.

Garry

Archimage
Garry wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 15:39 Are you sure that this is a TSRE problem, and not one to do with the signal shapes you are using. Do you see the same problem with the standard MSTS routes.

I suggest that you try to check this by:
1) placing other signals in your route, for example from a USA or Japan MSTS route.
2) placing your signals in the MSTS routes.
Garry
I am using the russian signal system created by Timas (most popular russian signals for MSTS). In MSRE the signal heads are seen both in the game and in the route editor. In TSRE they are seen in the game, but in the editor they only seen when you check the box while linking.
1) Not an option cause my route already use the Timas signal system which is used in most russian routes.
2) what? this signal system was already tested in other russian routes.

Garry
Hi Archimage
I was just trying to help you locate the source of the problem with my previous response.
Do the signals you are using show the same problems when you look at other russian routes using TSRE?
Garry

Archimage
Garry wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 14:48 Hi Archimage
I was just trying to help you locate the source of the problem with my previous response.
Do the signals you are using show the same problems when you look at other russian routes using TSRE?
Garry
Yes. In the other routes there is the same problem.

Garry
Hi Archimage
The problem seems to be something in the shape file for the signals. Have you tried looking at the OpenRailsLog.txt file, this may point you in the direction.

I am using some overhead wires that OR reports as a problem.
Information: Skipped unknown shader name Diffuse first seen in shape e:\1msts\routes\zurich\shapes\chmast_rechts_drahtr.s

Looking in the shape file I find
shader_names ( 2
named_shader ( Diffuse )
named_shader ( TexDiff )
)
This does not seem to cause a problem so I am ignoring it.
Garry

eugenR
Garry wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 14:31 I am using some overhead wires that OR reports as a problem.
Information: Skipped unknown shader name Diffuse first seen in shape e:\1msts\routes\zurich\shapes\chmast_rechts_drahtr.s

Looking in the shape file I find
shader_names ( 2
named_shader ( Diffuse )
named_shader ( TexDiff )
)
This does not seem to cause a problem so I am ignoring it.
Garry
Hi Garry,
The named_shader ( Diffuse ) where placed by gmax for hidden sides which are by hassard not textured.
MSTS has accept this, OR is writing a information in the logfile.
I will not correct this, there are too many shapes with this deficit.
regards
EugenR

Garry
Hi Eugen
Are you the author of the CHFahrleitung and Schweitzersignale?
If so, thank you for these.
I use the gantries, but there are so many signals, and my German is not good enough for me to use the signals.
Garry

eugenR
Yes, I am the Autor of the swiss Signalsystem.

I Agree, there are many signaltype in the System.
CHS are old Semaphore
CHL are the most usesd Light-Signaltypes
CHN is a new Type of Lightsignals with 3 Lights and a number for the indication of the speedlimit.
CHE are for newest ETCS2 CAB-Signalling
CHT are plates

In the Manual Chapter 5 you can see the sequence of the signaltypes along the Track and thru in a station.
You have to read the Pictures from bottom to top
Sorry but to translate the Manual in english is too much work!

Regards
EugenR

Goku
Site Admin
At the beginning TSRE displayed all signal shape parts, regardless of selected parts.
Someone requested that TSRE should hide unselected parts, like MSRE does, so I did that.
Now you are telling me that TSRE does it different than MSRE.
So, explain me the difference and it will be implemented.